Featured

Clean politics need clean money: Yes, I donate for AAP

 

It is hard to realize the fact that Aam Aadmi Party will be 6 years old in 2 months. Under some special circumstances, AAP was registered as a political party and fought its first ever election in 2013. Since its formation and many ups/downs, I'm still in full solidarity with the party principles and supporting them in every possible way. I might have been too young or disinterested in politics but before AAP's formation, I never heard any noise related to election manifestos. But after forming government for the first time, AAP took steps which showed their diligence in executing their election promises. This was not easy for them due to political interference in a Union Territory. Path to a good governance was hard and they faced intense criticism. However, they proved to be quick learners. 6 years later, AAP is still facing challenges every day. 

With the ongoing developments with the movement and AAP, I had to leave the country for further studies. Nevertheless, my support for the party continued. Since 2014, I have donated over Rs. 40,000 in total at regular intervals to the AAP development fund. AAP discussion forums, meetups, and other endeavors made me understand in detail the internal fabric of the functioning of a political party. My transition from a bystander to a more active participant in the political scenery involved a steep learning curve. In the process I even had to sacrifice my friendships. 

Media and corrupt politicians never miss a chance to defame AAP. If AAP has survived and is still roaring, it is due to its policies and developments, collective efforts from volunteers, and micro donations from sympathizers living in India and abroad. 

There might be many corporate financers ready to fund AAP election campaign and if AAP decides to choose to accept donations from them, AAP won't be any different from any other political party. I have seen many supporters of non-AAP parties (many of them are my friends) but never saw anyone who donated and shared his/her experience about donation to a political party. On the other hand, I have seen and known many people who actively donate for AAP. Whether it is a single rupee or many thousands, every donation is significant. If you think that you can contribute to AAP by saving unnecessary expenses, please do so. AAP needs clean money to fight clean elections. 

You can go to https://donate.aamaadmiparty.org to donate online or donate below by filling this embedded form.



Please share my story, donate whatever you can and encourage others to donate either for AAP or any other party that they think can bring a change. We can't think of clean politics without clean political funding. If you want to publish your donation story to my blog, you can contact me here

No comments